- Small Groups: See calendar for small group dates and times. All are welcome to join in anytime.
- Serving our Neighbors: The FUEL program provides funds so that East Preparatory School students who are experiencing food insecurity can have food over the weekends. If you would like to participate through a monetary donation or to help pack lunches, please contact Joyce Yates or the church office.
- Visit the Homebound on 1st Sunday of each month. Join us after service on the 1st Sunday of the month as we go in teams to visit our members who are in the hospital or homebound. Meet at the church at 12:45 for visitation 1-3:30 pm. You will find you receive more blessings than you give. If you know of a homebound member who would like a visit, please contact the church office.
- Mission Projects: We are collecting collecting new hats, gloves and tube socks for the homeless. We need new socks for ages 5-100. We are also collecting new children’s socks and underwear for the elementary children at East Preparatory School. Collection is ongoing for the East Nashville Cooperative Ministry. Items needed include canned goods, paper towels, paper plates, toilet tissue, feminine products, toothbrushes/paste, body soap, dish and clothes washing detergent. We are also collecting school supplies for Rosebank Elementary School. If you have suggestions for mission projects, please contact the church office or Lois Moreno. We are looking for new opportunities to serve the community.
- Shop at Kroger, Help Dalewood UMC: Kroger will donate a percentage of your purchase to Dalewood UMC through the Kroger Community Rewards program. Sign up for a Kroger card and designate Dalewood UMC as your charity. Call 1-800-577-4377, option 3 or visit http://www.kroger.com/communityrewards. Kroger requires that you renew and update your charity designation yearly.
- Children’s Ministry needs helpers! Lisa is starting a calendar of volunteers who can help out in the nursery and with Sunday School at least once a month. To be in compliance with the Safe Sanctuary Policy we need to have two adults with every group of children and teens. Some of the positions just need an extra adult and no lesson planning is required. Other positions include the nursery and toddler area. Every adult that works with our children must fill out forms for a background check.
- Join the Choir! Dalewood has several different musical groups including a Bell Choir, Adult Choir, and Children’s Choir. New members are welcome. You don’t have to be musical. You just have to love music and enjoy praising God through song.
- Remember to pray for our church 10 minutes each day and try to attend morning prayer service each Sunday at 8:30am, Sunday School at 9am, and worship at 10am. If you have a prayer concern you would like lifted up, please fill out a prayer card in the pew and place it in the basket on the altar.